What should I know before using gentamicin and prednisolone acetate?

Before using gentamicin-prednisolone, you should be aware of the following safety information:
  • Use this medication for the full time period recommended by your doctor.
  • Do not use for longer than the prescribed period, as eye irritation can occur.
  • To prevent contamination, be careful not to touch the applicator tip to any surfaces and always keep the container tightly closed when not in use.
  • If you wear contact lenses, remove lenses before applying medication drops. (Ask your doctor how long you should wait before putting your contacts back in.)
  • Because this medication may cause your vision to become temporarily blurred, do not drive or operate machinery until you know how you respond to it.

Continue Learning about Opthalmological Agent

What should I know about Tobradex eye ointment?
Tobradex eye ointment is used to treat eye infections and inflammation by combining the antibiotic t...
What should I know before taking nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs?
If you take an NSAID, you should be cautious about drinking alcohol. The risk of side effects of NS...
How does Pataday treat allergic conjunctivitis?
Depending on your symptoms, you may wish to use Pataday in addition to other allergy medications. Ta...
What is the difference between Zymar and other eye drops?
Zymar is an antibiotic that is administered as an eye drop and formulated to kill various bacteria t...