Is there a generic version of Patanol?

Currently there is not a generic available for Patanol, and it is not known when one will become available. Patanol is manufactured by Alcon Laboratories, which holds several patents protecting the eye drops. The first patent expired in December 2010, although another patent is good through June 2015. Alcon Laboratories is currently involved in several lawsuits with other manufacturers who wish to sell a generic version of the eye drops. The lawsuits have not been settled, and it is unclear when generic Patanol will become available.

Continue Learning about Opthalmological Agent

How do I use olopatadine eye drops?
Olopatadine (Patanol 0.1 percent, Pataday 0.2 percent) is a type of eye drop that is used to relieve...
Should I use Patanol if I already take allergy medication?
The active ingredient in Patanol, olopatadine, is an antihistamine. When your body is exposed to an ...
How does Pataday treat allergic conjunctivitis?
Depending on your symptoms, you may wish to use Pataday in addition to other allergy medications. Ta...
What should I know about using carboxymethylcellulose eye drops?
Carboxymethylcellulose eye drops are intended for people with dry eyes or eye irritation. If you suf...