How should I take Patanol?

You should use Patanol exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Typically, this is twice per day in each eye. Wash your hands before use, and do not let the applicator tip touch your eye or any surface. Do not use Patanol with contact lenses in your eyes. Gently pull the skin away beneath your lower eyelid prior and release one drop of Patanol into your eye. Close your eyelid to keep the medicine in your eye and do not blink. If you do not think the drop successfully went in to your eye, administer another drop. Patanol is most effective when used consistently to prevent allergic conjunctivitis. Talk to your doctor before discontinuing use.

Continue Learning about Opthalmological Agent

How do I use olopatadine eye drops?
Olopatadine (Patanol 0.1 percent, Pataday 0.2 percent) is a type of eye drop that is used to relieve...
What is the difference between Zymar and other eye drops?
Zymar is an antibiotic that is administered as an eye drop and formulated to kill various bacteria t...
How effective are decongestants?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
The two most common nasal decongestant sprays, oxymetazoline (Afrin) and phenylephrine (Neo-Synephri...
How are nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs used for the treatment of RA?
NSAIDs, such as aspirin, have been used for many years to treat rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Their mai...