How should I use oxymetazoline?

Follow your doctor's or the package's directions when using oxymetazoline nasal spray or drops. To use the spray, hold your head straight (not tilted), place the bottle tip near your nostril, spray and sniff deeply. For drops, lie on your back with your head tilted back over the edge of a bed, place the drops into your nose and stay for several minutes, turning your head gently to one side and then the other. Clean the bottle tip with hot water and a tissue, and do not allow anyone else to use it.

Continue Learning about Opthalmological Agent

Should I use Patanol if I already take allergy medication?
The active ingredient in Patanol, olopatadine, is an antihistamine. When your body is exposed to an ...
What should I know about Tobradex eye ointment?
Tobradex eye ointment is used to treat eye infections and inflammation by combining the antibiotic t...
How effective are decongestants?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
The two most common nasal decongestant sprays, oxymetazoline (Afrin) and phenylephrine (Neo-Synephri...
How effective are NSAIDs at treating migraines?
NSAIDs reduce moderate to severe migraine pain to mild pain within 2 hours for about 50% of people, ...