Can fluorescein be given to breastfeeding women?

It’s been shown that that the dye called fluorescein is found in breast milk. This orange-red dye is used in an eye test known as fluorescein angiography, a procedure that quickly photographs the eyes’ inner structures. This dye is injected in a vein in an arm. Currently, it’s not clear if this dye harms nursing babies. It’s recommended that breastfeeding women talk to their doctors before having this test.  

Continue Learning about Opthalmological Agent

How are nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs used for the treatment of RA?
NSAIDs, such as aspirin, have been used for many years to treat rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Their mai...
How effective are NSAIDs at treating carpal tunnel syndrome?
NSAIDs have not been found very effective for the symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome. They are not r...
Should I use Patanol if I already take allergy medication?
The active ingredient in Patanol, olopatadine, is an antihistamine. When your body is exposed to an ...
What should I know about using carboxymethylcellulose eye drops?
Carboxymethylcellulose eye drops are intended for people with dry eyes or eye irritation. If you suf...