How do I know if my fluorescein test results are normal?

The eye test called fluorescein angiography checks blood flow and detects damage and foreign bodies. It’s used to diagnose problems in the retina, choroid and cornea. Normal results should show:

• Blood vessels appear normal in size
• There are no new abnormal vessels
• There are no blockages or leakages
• The fluorescein dye should not stick to the eye itself. Instead, it should remain in the tear film on the eye’s surface.

Continue Learning about Opthalmological Agent

How effective are NSAIDs at treating carpal tunnel syndrome?
NSAIDs have not been found very effective for the symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome. They are not r...
How does Pataday treat allergic conjunctivitis?
Depending on your symptoms, you may wish to use Pataday in addition to other allergy medications. Ta...
What should I know about using carboxymethylcellulose eye drops?
Carboxymethylcellulose eye drops are intended for people with dry eyes or eye irritation. If you suf...
What is the difference between Zymaxid and other eye drops?
Zymaxid is a prescription antibiotic eye drop. It is only used to treat bacterial eye infections, su...