How do fluorescein and indocyanine green (ICG) angiography differ?

Fluorescein angiography is the best way to examine the blood vessels in the retina, but choroidal blood vessels are hidden beneath a layer of colored cells in the retina. The best way to view the choroidal vessels is with indocyanine green (ICG) angiography. The infrared light released by the ICG dye can be seen through the colored cells.

Continue Learning about Opthalmological Agent

How does hypromellose treat dry and irritated eyes?
Hypromellose is found in many over-the-counter eye drop products and prescription medications. Its p...
What should I know before taking nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs?
If you take an NSAID, you should be cautious about drinking alcohol. The risk of side effects of NS...
How do I use olopatadine eye drops?
Olopatadine (Patanol 0.1 percent, Pataday 0.2 percent) is a type of eye drop that is used to relieve...
How effective are decongestants?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
The two most common nasal decongestant sprays, oxymetazoline (Afrin) and phenylephrine (Neo-Synephri...