Zymaxid is a prescription antibiotic eye drop. It is only used to treat bacterial eye infections, such as conjunctivitis, which is known as pink eye. The eye drop solution contains antibiotics that fight the bacteria causing the infection. Other over-the-counter eye drops may be intended for purposes such as keeping the eye moist or reducing irritation, but these will not help fight a bacterial eye infection.
- Q Which other medications interact with gatifloxacin ophthalmic solution?
- Q What should I avoid while using Zymaxid?
- Q What is gatifloxacin ophthalmic solution (Zymar)?
- Q Who should not take gatifloxacin?
- Q Should I let my doctor know that I am using Zymaxid?
- Q Who should use Zymaxid?