Zymaxid is a prescription antibiotic eye drop. It is only used to treat bacterial eye infections, such as conjunctivitis, which is known as pink eye. The eye drop solution contains antibiotics that fight the bacteria causing the infection. Other over-the-counter eye drops may be intended for purposes such as keeping the eye moist or reducing irritation, but these will not help fight a bacterial eye infection.
- Q How does Zymaxid treat eye infections?
- Q What is gatifloxacin?
- Q What are the side effects of gatifloxacin ophthalmic solution (Zymar)?
- Q What are the risks of using Zymaxid?
- Q What should I know about gatifloxacin before taking it?
- Q What are the side effects of gatifloxacin?