Zymaxid is a prescription antibiotic eye drop. It is only used to treat bacterial eye infections, such as conjunctivitis, which is known as pink eye. The eye drop solution contains antibiotics that fight the bacteria causing the infection. Other over-the-counter eye drops may be intended for purposes such as keeping the eye moist or reducing irritation, but these will not help fight a bacterial eye infection.
- Q Which other medications interact with gatifloxacin ophthalmic solution?
- Q What is gatifloxacin ophthalmic solution (Zymar)?
- Q Who should not use gatifloxacin ophthalmic solution?
- Q What is gatifloxacin?
- Q Who should not take gatifloxacin?
- Q Who should use Zymaxid?