Zymaxid is a prescription antibiotic eye drop. It is only used to treat bacterial eye infections, such as conjunctivitis, which is known as pink eye. The eye drop solution contains antibiotics that fight the bacteria causing the infection. Other over-the-counter eye drops may be intended for purposes such as keeping the eye moist or reducing irritation, but these will not help fight a bacterial eye infection.
- Q What are the side effects of gatifloxacin ophthalmic solution?
- Q Who should use Zymaxid?
- Q What are the side effects of gatifloxacin?
- Q What are the side effects of gatifloxacin ophthalmic solution (Zymar)?
- Q How does Zymaxid interact with other medications and food?
- Q Who should not use Zymaxid?