Talk to your doctor before you use over-the-counter artificial tear products containing carboxymethylcellulose while you have contact lenses in your eyes. You may need to wait for 15 minutes after using the product before you insert your lenses. Some of these products may include a preservative that soft contact lenses can absorb.
- Q How should I use carboxymethylcellulose eye drops?
- Q What are the risks of using carboxymethylcellulose eye drops?
- Q Is carboxymethylcellulose safe for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Q Should I let my doctor know I am using carboxymethylcellulose eye drops?
- Q What is the difference between carboxymethylcellulose and other eyedrops?
- Q How does carboxymethylcellulose interact with other medications?