Talk to your doctor before you use over-the-counter artificial tear products containing carboxymethylcellulose while you have contact lenses in your eyes. You may need to wait for 15 minutes after using the product before you insert your lenses. Some of these products may include a preservative that soft contact lenses can absorb.
- Q Is carboxymethylcellulose safe for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Q Who should use carboxymethylcellulose eye drops?
- Q How does carboxymethylcellulose interact with other medications?
- Q How should I use carboxymethylcellulose eye drops?
- Q What should I avoid while taking carboxymethylcellulose?
- Q Are there any side effects of carboxymethylcellulose eye drops?