What can cause abnormal fluorescein test results?

Fluorescein angiography is an eye test. It checks blood flow, damage and foreign bodies in the retina, choroid and cornea. The resulting pictures then map the locations for possible treatment. Abnormal results may be due to:

• Blood flow problems (blockage of the arteries)
• Cancer or tumors
• Retinopathy (damage to the retina’s blood vessels)
• High blood pressure
• Swelling (edema)
• Macular degeneration (the part of eye enabling fine detail; you gradually lose sharp, central vision) 
• Micro aneurysms (enlarged capillaries in the retina)

Continue Learning about Opthalmological Agent

What should I know before taking nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs?
If you take an NSAID, you should be cautious about drinking alcohol. The risk of side effects of NS...
How does Pataday treat allergic conjunctivitis?
Depending on your symptoms, you may wish to use Pataday in addition to other allergy medications. Ta...
Should I use Patanol if I already take allergy medication?
The active ingredient in Patanol, olopatadine, is an antihistamine. When your body is exposed to an ...
How does hypromellose treat dry and irritated eyes?
Hypromellose is found in many over-the-counter eye drop products and prescription medications. Its p...