Where can I get methadone?

Due to its risk of overdose, methadone cannot be prescribed in a regular doctor’s office. It has to be dispensed at certified centers that specialize in addiction. However, there aren’t enough of these centers to treat all the addicts in society.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

What should I avoid doing when taking opioid drugs for short-term pain?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
While taking opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain s...
What are alternatives to opioid pain medication?
Depending on your pain condition, alternatives to opioid pain medication can include: Non-opioid...
How often are opioids prescribed in the US?
The Society of Thoracic SurgeonsThe Society of Thoracic Surgeons
The amount of opioid prescriptions in the US peaked in 2012 at more than 255 million and a prescribi...
How does opioid medication treat short-term pain?
Pain medication helps control pain so you can sleep, move, and heal. One type of prescription pa...