When can I stop taking Ultram?

You may be able to stop taking the prescription pain medication Ultram (tramadol) if you no longer need treatment for moderate to moderately severe pain -- but ask your doctor first. He or she is likely to taper your dose so that you gradually discontinue the medication. This tapering helps you avoid symptoms of withdrawal, which you might experience if you stopped Ultram abruptly.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

How will my doctor ensure I don’t become addicted to opioid medication?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
There is no clear way to ensure that you won’t become addicted to opioids if you are taking them for...
What are the risks of using opioid pain medication?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
Used as directed, opioid pain medication can be safe and effective. However, it can also pose so...
How does tramadol treat fibromyalgia?
Tramadol (Conzip, Ultram) is a weak narcotic pain medication. It is sometimes prescribed for people ...
How can I prevent breathing problems caused by opioid medications?
Respiratory depression caused by opioid medications can be prevented by doing the following: Tel...