When can I use belladonna to treat low back pain?

Belladonna is a homeopathic remedy that can be used for violent, acute low back pain. It is suitable when:
  • The pain is severe and can be burning, throbbing, shooting or spasmodic.
  • Intense spasms come on suddenly and leave just as quickly.
  • The pain might be worse from motion or jarring, touch, taking cold, or a draft of air.
  • The person is worse from lying on the painful side and is better when sitting up; also the pain worsens at 3 p.m. and after midnight.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

How often are opioids prescribed in the US?
The Society of Thoracic SurgeonsThe Society of Thoracic Surgeons
The amount of opioid prescriptions in the US peaked in 2012 at more than 255 million and a prescribi...
Should opioids be prescribed for all types of pain?
Devi E. Nampiaparampil, MDDevi E. Nampiaparampil, MD
Opioids can be very helpful for acute pain management in the short term, but there are some side eff...
How does tramadol treat fibromyalgia?
Tramadol (Conzip, Ultram) is a weak narcotic pain medication. It is sometimes prescribed for people ...
What medication should I avoid if I have a bowel obstruction?
Do not take the painkiller Avinza (morphine) if you have paralytic ileus, a partial or complete bowe...