What is Ultram ER?

Ultram ER is the extended-release, long-acting version of the prescription drug Ultram (tramadol). Ultram ER is used to manage moderate to moderately severe chronic pain in adults who need around-the-clock pain relief for an extended period of time. It is available in doses of 100, 200 and 300 milligrams (mg).

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

How can I prevent opioid medication withdrawal symptoms?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
To avoid opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain signa...
Who is at risk for breathing problems caused by opioid medication?
Opioid therapy can decrease your breathing, especially during sleep. This problem, called respir...
What are the risks of using opioid pain medication?
Used as directed, opioid pain medication can be safe and effective. However, it can also pose so...
What should I know before taking opioids?
Before prescribing an opioid for low back pain, your doctor should order a urine test to check for o...