What should I do if I miss a dose of Fentora?

Fentora (fentanyl) is a rescue pain medicine -- you take it only if you experience an episode of pain despite being on strong pain medications around the clock -- so it's impossible to miss a dose. There's no prescribed schedule for Fentora. However, you shouldn't take it more than four times a day. If you need it more often than that, talk to your doctor, who may adjust your dose.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

What should I know before taking opioids?
Before prescribing an opioid for low back pain, your doctor should order a urine test to check for o...
What opioid medications can help treat severe headaches?
Egilius L. Spierings, MDEgilius L. Spierings, MD
If you suffer severe headaches frequently, if not daily, one strategy to consider is a long-acti...
How will my doctor ensure I don’t become addicted to opioid medication?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
There is no clear way to ensure that you won’t become addicted to opioids if you are taking them for...
Can I use fentanyl if I have a history of asthma?
You may be able to use Actiq (fentanyl) if you have a history of asthma, but you should tell your do...