What are the risks of using fentanyl buccal soluble film?

Using fentanyl buccal soluble film could make you very ill and could even be fatal if you are not an appropriate candidate for this drug or if you use it improperly. You should use fentanyl buccal soluble film ONLY if you are already receiving around-the-clock treatment for cancer pain with other opioid drugs. Fentanyl can be habit forming, so anyone using this drug must be monitored for signs of abuse and addiction. Using fentanyl buccal soluble film tablets may cause dizziness and other side effects.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

How do you treat constipation and other side effects of taking opioids?
Devi E. Nampiaparampil, MDDevi E. Nampiaparampil, MD
Your doctor may prescribe a stool softener along with an opioid to prevent constipation. Other commo...
Can I use tramadol if I have a history of diabetes?
Tramadol belongs to a class of drugs called opioid analgesics, which doctors prescribe for the treat...
How will my doctor ensure I don’t become addicted to opioid medication?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
There is no clear way to ensure that you won’t become addicted to opioids if you are taking them for...
What should I avoid doing while on opioid medication for chronic pain?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
Take opioid pain medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain sign...