What is the recommended dosage of Nubaine for chronic pain?

Nubain is indicated for treating moderate to severe pain and is typically administered under the guidance of a health care provided. A usual recommended adult dose is 10 mg for a 150 pound individual, administered subcutaneously, intramuscularly or intravenously. Dosage may need to be adjusted according to the severity of the pain, the health and physical status of the patient, and other medications which the patient may be currently taking. Your physician should be able to provide you additional professional guidance based on your specific case and need.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

How should I get rid of unused opioid medication?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
Get rid of unused opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain ...
How will my doctor ensure I don’t become addicted to opioid medication?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
There is no clear way to ensure that you won’t become addicted to opioids if you are taking them for...
What medication should I avoid if I have a bowel obstruction?
Do not take the painkiller Avinza (morphine) if you have paralytic ileus, a partial or complete bowe...
What are side effects of opioid medication?
Dr. Howard J. Shaffer, PhDDr. Howard J. Shaffer, PhD
In addition to their powerful painkilling effects, opioids can produce a feeling of well-being and e...