What should I do if I miss a dose of MS Contin?

If you forget to take a dose of MS Contin (morphine), a round-the-clock opioid pain reliever, take it as soon as you remember. You'll take your next dose either eight or 12 hours later, depending on your doctor's instructions. However, if when you realize you missed a dose of MS Contin it's almost time for your next one, skip the missed dose and wait and take the next one on time, then resume your regular schedule from there. Never take more than one dose in an eight-hour period.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

What opioid medications can help treat severe headaches?
Egilius L. Spierings, MDEgilius L. Spierings, MD
If you suffer severe headaches frequently, if not daily, one strategy to consider is a long-acti...
What are the symptoms of opioid medication withdrawal?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
If opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain signals) is sto...
What are opioid medications?
Opioid medications are strong prescription medications that change the way your brain handles pain s...
Can I use fentanyl if I have a history of asthma?
You may be able to use Actiq (fentanyl) if you have a history of asthma, but you should tell your do...