What should I know about Revex before receiving it?

In order to make an informed treatment decision, the doctor administering this medication should also know if you have any of the following medical conditions: liver or kidney disease, heart disease for which you take medication or a history of narcotic addiction. The healthcare provider who will administer Revex to you neeeds to know if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. If you do receive Revex, you will need to remain in the hospital long enough for doctors to determine that you have responded well to the nalmefene.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

What should I know before taking opioids?
Before prescribing an opioid for low back pain, your doctor should order a urine test to check for o...
Can I use tramadol if I have a history of diabetes?
Tramadol belongs to a class of drugs called opioid analgesics, which doctors prescribe for the treat...
How do opioids relieve pain?
James P. Ioli, DPMJames P. Ioli, DPM
Prescription drugs that contain opioids (opioid analgesics) such as codeine are useful for pain ...
What medications interact with opioids?
If you are taking a benzodiazepine, mifepristone, or sodium oxybate, you should not take opioids. I...