What should I know about Duragesic before using it?

Before using Duragesic, you should know that it can have harmful or fatal side effects. The patch can burn or cause skin irritation. Alcohol consumption as well as the use of medications that cause drowsiness can cause you to have difficulty breathing if taken at the same time as you use Duragesic. Pregnant and nursing women should know that this medication is also shown to be harmful to a fetus and nursing children. Duragesic is a narcotic, and prolonged or inappropriate use can cause users to become addicted to the medication.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

What are side effects of opioid medication?
Dr. Howard J. Shaffer, PhDDr. Howard J. Shaffer, PhD
In addition to their powerful painkilling effects, opioids can produce a feeling of well-being and e...
What medications interact with opioids?
If you are taking a benzodiazepine, mifepristone, or sodium oxybate, you should not take opioids. I...
What opioid medications can help treat severe headaches?
Egilius L. Spierings, MDEgilius L. Spierings, MD
If you suffer severe headaches frequently, if not daily, one strategy to consider is a long-acti...
What should I tell my doctor before taking an opioid medication?
Dr. Travis M. Hendry, MDDr. Travis M. Hendry, MD
Before you start taking an opioid medication, talk to your doctor and pharmacist. Follow these tips:...