Exalgo (hydromorphone extended release) is a prescription pain reliever related to morphine. It is used by patients who are experiencing moderate to severe, persistent pain (e.g., cancer, surgery, trauma, burn). It works by altering the way your brain feels and reacts to pain. Exalgo is formulated into an extended release tablet which must be swallowed whole to avoid a fatal overdose.
- Q What are the risks of taking Exalgo?
- Q How soon after starting Exalgo will my symptoms improve?
- Q Can I use Exalgo if I have a history of thyroid disease?
- Q Can I use Exalgo if I have a history of liver disease?
- Q What if I miss a dose of Exalgo?
- Q Can I use Exalgo if I have a history of alcoholism?