Exalgo (hydromorphone extended release) is a prescription pain reliever related to morphine. It is used by patients who are experiencing moderate to severe, persistent pain (e.g., cancer, surgery, trauma, burn). It works by altering the way your brain feels and reacts to pain. Exalgo is formulated into an extended release tablet which must be swallowed whole to avoid a fatal overdose.
- Q Does Exalgo interact with other medications or foods?
- Q Can I become dependent on or addicted to Exalgo?
- Q Can I use Exalgo if I have a history of liver disease?
- Q What should I know about Exalgo before taking it?
- Q What should I avoid while taking Exalgo?
- Q Can I use Exalgo if I have a history of kidney disease?