Exalgo (hydromorphone extended release) is a prescription pain reliever related to morphine. It is used by patients who are experiencing moderate to severe, persistent pain (e.g., cancer, surgery, trauma, burn). It works by altering the way your brain feels and reacts to pain. Exalgo is formulated into an extended release tablet which must be swallowed whole to avoid a fatal overdose.
- Q Who should not take Exalgo?
- Q What are the side effects of Exalgo?
- Q How soon after starting Exalgo will my symptoms improve?
- Q What side effects of Exalgo should I report to my doctor?
- Q How should I store Exalgo?
- Q Can I use Exalgo if I have a history of urinary problems?