Exalgo (hydromorphone extended release) is a prescription pain reliever related to morphine. It is used by patients who are experiencing moderate to severe, persistent pain (e.g., cancer, surgery, trauma, burn). It works by altering the way your brain feels and reacts to pain. Exalgo is formulated into an extended release tablet which must be swallowed whole to avoid a fatal overdose.
- Q Who should not take Exalgo?
- Q Can I use Exalgo if I have a history of urinary problems?
- Q Can I use Exalgo if I am taking pentazocine?
- Q What side effects of Exalgo should I report to my doctor?
- Q How can I minimize the side effects of Exalgo?
- Q Can I use Exalgo if I have a history of lung disease?