Exalgo (hydromorphone extended release) is a prescription pain reliever related to morphine. It is used by patients who are experiencing moderate to severe, persistent pain (e.g., cancer, surgery, trauma, burn). It works by altering the way your brain feels and reacts to pain. Exalgo is formulated into an extended release tablet which must be swallowed whole to avoid a fatal overdose.
- Q What should I know about Exalgo before taking it?
- Q What if I take too much Exalgo?
- Q Who should not take Exalgo?
- Q What are the side effects of Exalgo?
- Q Can I use Exalgo if I have a history of low blood pressure?
- Q Can I use Exalgo if I have a history of seizures?