What happens if I miss a dose of Opana?

If you miss a dose of Opana, take the dose as soon as you remember it. If it is almost time for your next scheduled dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose as scheduled. This will keep the release of Opana into your system as consistent as possible in your system.

Do not take two doses at the same time, as Opana is a narcotic analgesic that can be dangerous if you take it excessively.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

What are alternatives to opioid pain medication?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
Depending on your pain condition, alternatives to opioid pain medication can include: Non-opioid...
What should I know before taking opioids?
Before prescribing an opioid for low back pain, your doctor should order a urine test to check for o...
How does tramadol treat fibromyalgia?
Tramadol (Conzip, Ultram) is a weak narcotic pain medication. It is sometimes prescribed for people ...
What are the symptoms of opioid medication withdrawal?
If opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain signals) is sto...