What should I do if I miss a dose of Avinza?

If you are using the medication regularly and you miss a dose of Avinza, take it as soon as you can. If it's already close to the time for you to take your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your medication on your usual schedule.  Do not try to make up for a missed dose by doubling-up on your medication. If you are ever unsure of what to do about a missed dose, call your doctor or pharmacist for advice.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

What should I avoid doing when taking opioid drugs for short-term pain?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
While taking opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain s...
Can I use fentanyl if I have a history of asthma?
You may be able to use Actiq (fentanyl) if you have a history of asthma, but you should tell your do...
What are alternatives to opioid pain medication?
Depending on your pain condition, alternatives to opioid pain medication can include: Non-opioid...
What should I avoid doing while on opioid medication for chronic pain?
Take opioid pain medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain sign...