What should I do if I miss a dose of Avinza?

If you are using the medication regularly and you miss a dose of Avinza, take it as soon as you can. If it's already close to the time for you to take your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your medication on your usual schedule.  Do not try to make up for a missed dose by doubling-up on your medication. If you are ever unsure of what to do about a missed dose, call your doctor or pharmacist for advice.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

How does tramadol treat fibromyalgia?
Tramadol (Conzip, Ultram) is a weak narcotic pain medication. It is sometimes prescribed for people ...
What should I avoid doing while on opioid medication for chronic pain?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
Take opioid pain medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain sign...
Do prescription opioids cause more deaths than cocaine and heroin?
Howard J. Shaffer, PhDHoward J. Shaffer, PhD
Today, people face stiff penalties for possessing cocaine or heroin, yet data suggest that opioi...
How often are opioids prescribed in the US?
The Society of Thoracic SurgeonsThe Society of Thoracic Surgeons
The amount of opioid prescriptions in the US peaked in 2012 at more than 255 million and a prescribi...