What foods, medications or activities should I avoid while taking Avinza?

Because the combination of narcotic pain medication and alcohol can be dangerous or fatal, you should not drink alcoholic beverages while taking Avinza. This is also true of any products that may contain alcohol in their list of ingredients. Since Avinza may cause drowsiness, you should not drive or use dangerous machinery until you know how the medication affects you. Avinza can have negative interactions with many medications, and you may need to avoid certain drugs while you are taking Avinza. Be sure to speak with your doctor or pharmacist about all of the drugs you are taking, both prescription and over-the-counter.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

How does opioid medication treat short-term pain?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
Pain medication helps control pain so you can sleep, move, and heal. One type of prescription pa...
How does tramadol treat fibromyalgia?
Tramadol (Conzip, Ultram) is a weak narcotic pain medication. It is sometimes prescribed for people ...
How can I prevent opioid medication withdrawal symptoms?
To avoid opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain signa...
What should I tell my doctor before taking an opioid medication?
Dr. Travis M. Hendry, MDDr. Travis M. Hendry, MD
Before you start taking an opioid medication, talk to your doctor and pharmacist. Follow these tips:...