Is there a generic version of Kadian?

Yes, generic equivalents of Kadian (morphine sulfate) are available. Kadian is an extended-release version of the pain killer morphine, used when around-the-clock pain relief is needed.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

What are the risks of using opioid pain medication?
Devi E. Nampiaparampil, MDDevi E. Nampiaparampil, MD
The main effects and risks of using opioids include nausea and constipation, accidental overdose, an...
What should I tell my doctor before taking an opioid medication?
Dr. Travis M. Hendry, MDDr. Travis M. Hendry, MD
Before you start taking an opioid medication, talk to your doctor and pharmacist. Follow these tips:...
Should opioids be prescribed for all types of pain?
Opioids can be very helpful for acute pain management in the short term, but there are some side eff...
Can I use fentanyl if I have a history of asthma?
You may be able to use Actiq (fentanyl) if you have a history of asthma, but you should tell your do...