Is there a generic version of fentanyl?

Yes, there are generic versions of this drug in lozenge, patch and injectable form. The lozenge version of fentanyl is sold under the brand names of Actiq; the skin patch version is sold under the brand name Duragesic; the injectable form is sold under the brand name Sublimaze. There are not generic versions for the bucal tablet, the sublingual tablet and the disolving  film. The buccal tablet is sold under the brand name Fentora; the sublingual tablet was sold under the name Abstral; the dissolving film is sole under the brand Onsolis.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

How can I prevent opioid medication withdrawal symptoms?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
To avoid opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain signa...
How does opioid medication treat short-term pain?
Pain medication helps control pain so you can sleep, move, and heal. One type of prescription pa...
How will my doctor ensure I don’t become addicted to opioid medication?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
There is no clear way to ensure that you won’t become addicted to opioids if you are taking them for...
How can I prevent breathing problems caused by opioid medications?
Respiratory depression caused by opioid medications can be prevented by doing the following: Tel...