What are the risks involved when taking Kadian?

There are short- and long-term risks involved when taking Kadian, an extended-release formulation of morphine. In the short term, serious overdoses that can be fatal are possible. Take Kadian exactly as directed by your doctor. Remember that Kadian releases the morphine slowly, so you may not feel all of its effects immediately. In the long term, Kadian has a relatively high abuse potential.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

What are side effects of opioid medication?
Dr. Howard J. Shaffer, PhDDr. Howard J. Shaffer, PhD
In addition to their powerful painkilling effects, opioids can produce a feeling of well-being and e...
How do opioids relieve pain?
James P. Ioli, DPMJames P. Ioli, DPM
Prescription drugs that contain opioids (opioid analgesics) such as codeine are useful for pain ...
Why should I lock up my opioid medication and dispose of unused pills?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
It can seem inconvenient to lock up opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way yo...
What are the side effects of opioid medication for short-term pain?
Opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain signals) for s...