Should I take Rybix ODT with water?

You can take Rybix ODT (tramadol) without water. It comes in a tablet designed to dissolve on the tongue before being swallowed. It takes about a minute for Rybix ODT to completely disintegrate; if you want to drink water after you swallow it, that's fine. Do not chew or break the tablet before taking it. Rybix ODT is an opioid medication that's sometimes prescribed for moderate to severely moderate chronic pain.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

How does tramadol treat fibromyalgia?
Tramadol (Conzip, Ultram) is a weak narcotic pain medication. It is sometimes prescribed for people ...
Why should I lock up my opioid medication and dispose of unused pills?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
It can seem inconvenient to lock up opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way yo...
How do opioids relieve pain?
James P. Ioli, DPMJames P. Ioli, DPM
Prescription drugs that contain opioids (opioid analgesics) such as codeine are useful for pain ...
How does opioid medication treat short-term pain?
Pain medication helps control pain so you can sleep, move, and heal. One type of prescription pa...