Should I take Rybix ODT with water?

You can take Rybix ODT (tramadol) without water. It comes in a tablet designed to dissolve on the tongue before being swallowed. It takes about a minute for Rybix ODT to completely disintegrate; if you want to drink water after you swallow it, that's fine. Do not chew or break the tablet before taking it. Rybix ODT is an opioid medication that's sometimes prescribed for moderate to severely moderate chronic pain.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

What medications interact with opioids?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
If you are taking a benzodiazepine, mifepristone, or sodium oxybate, you should not take opioids. ...
What are opioid medications?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Opioid pain medication is a common type of prescription pain medication. It is also sometimes call...
What are the side effects of opioid medication for short-term pain?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
Opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain signals) for s...
What should I tell my doctor before taking an opioid medication?
Dr. Travis M. Hendry, MDDr. Travis M. Hendry, MD
Before you start taking an opioid medication, talk to your doctor and pharmacist. Follow these tips:...