Should I take Opana if I am pregnant or breastfeeding?

If you are pregnant or plan to get pregnant, you should not take Opana. It is not recommended that pregnant women use it because it may cause harm to an unborn baby. It may also intensify and prolong labor. Talk with your doctor about pain management options during your pregnancy. You should also use caution and talk with your doctor about Opana if you are breastfeeding.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

Can I use tramadol if I have a history of diabetes?
Tramadol belongs to a class of drugs called opioid analgesics, which doctors prescribe for the treat...
How often are opioids prescribed in the US?
The Society of Thoracic SurgeonsThe Society of Thoracic Surgeons
The amount of opioid prescriptions in the US peaked in 2012 at more than 255 million and a prescribi...
How does opioid medication treat short-term pain?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
Pain medication helps control pain so you can sleep, move, and heal. One type of prescription pa...
What are opioid medications?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Opioid pain medication is a common type of prescription pain medication. It is also sometimes call...