Should I change my activities while taking oxymorphone?

While you are taking oxymorphone, it may be necessary for you to adjust some of your activities. For instance, you may need to get out of bed slowly, letting your feet rest on the floor for a while. This will help prevent any dizziness you may feel after you have been laying down. Also, if you drink alcohol you must stop, as this can cause serious side effects. Also consider adding more fiber to your diet to help with constipation. You may feel unsteady at times, so you should limit driving and operating heavy machinery. Talk with your doctor about lifestyle changes you need to make.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

What medications interact with opioids?
If you are taking a benzodiazepine, mifepristone, or sodium oxybate, you should not take opioids. I...
Do prescription opioids cause more deaths than cocaine and heroin?
Howard J. Shaffer, PhDHoward J. Shaffer, PhD
Today, people face stiff penalties for possessing cocaine or heroin, yet data suggest that opioi...
What are the risks of using opioid pain medication?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
Used as directed, opioid pain medication can be safe and effective. However, it can also pose so...
What are side effects of opioid medication?
Dr. Howard J. Shaffer, PhDDr. Howard J. Shaffer, PhD
In addition to their powerful painkilling effects, opioids can produce a feeling of well-being and e...