Should I change my activities while taking oxymorphone?

While you are taking oxymorphone, it may be necessary for you to adjust some of your activities. For instance, you may need to get out of bed slowly, letting your feet rest on the floor for a while. This will help prevent any dizziness you may feel after you have been laying down. Also, if you drink alcohol you must stop, as this can cause serious side effects. Also consider adding more fiber to your diet to help with constipation. You may feel unsteady at times, so you should limit driving and operating heavy machinery. Talk with your doctor about lifestyle changes you need to make.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

What opioid medications can help treat severe headaches?
Egilius L. Spierings, MDEgilius L. Spierings, MD
If you suffer severe headaches frequently, if not daily, one strategy to consider is a long-acti...
How do you treat constipation and other side effects of taking opioids?
Devi E. Nampiaparampil, MDDevi E. Nampiaparampil, MD
Your doctor may prescribe a stool softener along with an opioid to prevent constipation. Other commo...
How does tramadol treat fibromyalgia?
Tramadol (Conzip, Ultram) is a weak narcotic pain medication. It is sometimes prescribed for people ...
Can I use fentanyl if I have a history of asthma?
You may be able to use Actiq (fentanyl) if you have a history of asthma, but you should tell your do...