If I am pregnant, is it safe to use Kadian?

Experts have not studied Kadian (morphine) extended-release capsules in pregnant women, so you should avoid taking it if possible. In studies of pregnant animals, this drug has caused harm to the fetus. Kadian is prescribed for managing moderate to severe long-term continuous pain. Before you start taking it, tell your doctor If you're pregnant or hope to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

What medications interact with opioids?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
If you are taking a benzodiazepine, mifepristone, or sodium oxybate, you should not take opioids. ...
How often are opioids prescribed in the US?
The Society of Thoracic SurgeonsThe Society of Thoracic Surgeons
The amount of opioid prescriptions in the US peaked in 2012 at more than 255 million and a prescribi...
How can I prevent opioid medication withdrawal symptoms?
Howard J. Shaffer, PhDHoward J. Shaffer, PhD
Medications for opioid addiction help prevent or ease withdrawal symptoms and reduce cravings. A...
Can I use fentanyl if I have a history of asthma?
You may be able to use Actiq (fentanyl) if you have a history of asthma, but you should tell your do...