What should I do with my Opana tablets when I stop taking them?

When you and your doctor have determined that you no longer need Opana, you should safely and carefully get rid of the leftover tablets. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recommends that certain medications be flushed down the sink or toilet so the tablets do not accidentally get into someone else's hands. Opana is one of those medications. Talk with your doctor to make sure you are finished taking the drugs and then safely flush them away.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

What should I tell my doctor before taking an opioid medication?
Dr. Travis M. Hendry, MDDr. Travis M. Hendry, MD
Before you start taking an opioid medication, talk to your doctor and pharmacist. Follow these tips:...
What are side effects of opioid medication?
Side effects may include sleepiness, dizziness, problems with thinking or coordination, nausea, vomi...
How will my doctor ensure I don’t become addicted to opioid medication?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
There is no clear way to ensure that you won’t become addicted to opioids if you are taking them for...
Do prescription opioids cause more deaths than cocaine and heroin?
Howard J. Shaffer, PhDHoward J. Shaffer, PhD
Today, people face stiff penalties for possessing cocaine or heroin, yet data suggest that opioi...