What should I know about nalbuphine before taking it?

Avoid nalbuphine if you are allergic to it or other drugs with sulfites. Pregnancy or breastfeeding may preclude you from taking this medication. Because nalbuphine is addictive you should let your doctor know if you have ever been addicted to or abused drugs, and you must closely follow your doctor's instructions concerning this drug. This drug can cause dizziness or drowsiness and should not be combined with alcohol or sedative drugs. In order to make an informed treatment decision, your doctor should also know if you have any of the following medical conditions: breathing difficulties, including asthma and other respiratory diseases; liver or kidney disease; or severe inflammatory bowel disease. Tell your doctor or dentist that you are on nalbuphine before scheduling any type of surgery.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

Why should I lock up my opioid medication and dispose of unused pills?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
It can seem inconvenient to lock up opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way yo...
What should I avoid doing when taking opioid drugs for short-term pain?
While taking opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain s...
Can I use fentanyl if I have a history of asthma?
You may be able to use Actiq (fentanyl) if you have a history of asthma, but you should tell your do...
What are the symptoms of opioid medication withdrawal?
If opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain signals) is sto...