While you're taking methadone, you should not also take sleeping pills, tranquilizers, muscle relaxers or other narcotic pain medications, or any drugs that can make you sleepy or slow your breathing. You could experience dangerous side effects. Talk with your doctor or pharmacist about how methadone can interact with any medicines that you take regularly or even occasionally.
- Q Does methadone oral concentrate interact with other medications?
- Q Does methadone cause pain and tooth decay?
- Q What should I know about methadone before taking it?
- Q How does methadone help treat opioid dependence and withdrawal symptoms?
- Q Can I drive while taking methadone?
- Q What should I do if I miss a dose of methadone?