While you're taking methadone, you should not also take sleeping pills, tranquilizers, muscle relaxers or other narcotic pain medications, or any drugs that can make you sleepy or slow your breathing. You could experience dangerous side effects. Talk with your doctor or pharmacist about how methadone can interact with any medicines that you take regularly or even occasionally.
- Q Can I drive while taking methadone?
- Q What should I know about methadone before taking it?
- Q How can I get off methadone?
- Q What is methadone hydrochloride?
- Q Why shouldn't I quit methadone "cold turkey"?
- Q Can I smoke cigarettes while I'm taking methadone?