While you're taking methadone, you should not also take sleeping pills, tranquilizers, muscle relaxers or other narcotic pain medications, or any drugs that can make you sleepy or slow your breathing. You could experience dangerous side effects. Talk with your doctor or pharmacist about how methadone can interact with any medicines that you take regularly or even occasionally.
- Q Who should not take methadone?
- Q Is there a generic version of methadone?
- Q Can I drink wine or other alcohol when I'm on methadone?
- Q Who should not take methadone hydrochloride oral concentrate?
- Q Are there any risks in taking methadone?
- Q Can Methadone and Nubain be given together?