While you're taking methadone, you should not also take sleeping pills, tranquilizers, muscle relaxers or other narcotic pain medications, or any drugs that can make you sleepy or slow your breathing. You could experience dangerous side effects. Talk with your doctor or pharmacist about how methadone can interact with any medicines that you take regularly or even occasionally.
- Q How does methadone hydrochloride interact with other medications or food?
- Q Does methadone cause pain and tooth decay?
- Q Who should not take methadone?
- Q Can a person overdose with methadone?
- Q How does methadone treat pain?
- Q What should I do if I miss a dose of methadone?