Is it safe to use Ultram if I am pregnant?

Experts aren't sure if it's safe to take Ultram (tramadol) during pregnancy, so you should try to avoid using it then if possible. This prescription drug, which is used to manage moderate to moderately severe pain, hasn't been studied in pregnant women, but animal studies have suggested that the drug can be harmful during pregnancy. If you're pregnant or hope to become pregnant or are breastfeeding, tell your doctor before you start taking Ultram.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

How does tramadol treat fibromyalgia?
Tramadol (Conzip, Ultram) is a weak narcotic pain medication. It is sometimes prescribed for people ...
How can I prevent breathing problems caused by opioid medications?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
Respiratory depression caused by opioid medications can be prevented by doing the following: Tel...
What medication should I avoid if I have a bowel obstruction?
Do not take the painkiller Avinza (morphine) if you have paralytic ileus, a partial or complete bowe...
How often are opioids prescribed in the US?
The Society of Thoracic SurgeonsThe Society of Thoracic Surgeons
The amount of opioid prescriptions in the US peaked in 2012 at more than 255 million and a prescribi...