If I am pregnant, is it safe to use ConZip?

If you're pregnant, your doctor is unlikely to prescribe the pain medication ConZip (tramadol) for you. ConZip hasn't been studied in pregnant women, but it is known that tramadol crosses the placenta and that babies born to mothers who took similar drugs while pregnant have experienced complications, including seizures and withdrawal symptoms; there have also been instances of fetal death and stillbirth when drugs similar to ConZip were taken by a pregnant woman. If you're pregnant, you should take ConZip only if the benefits to you far outweigh the potential risks to your developing fetus.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

What are alternatives to opioid pain medication?
Pain medicine is a slippery slope for most. Both doctors and patients should give serious considerat...
What medications can cause breathing problems when taken with opioids?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
Medications that interact with opioids to decrease breathing include clonazepam (Klonopin), alpr...
What should I tell my doctor before taking an opioid medication?
Dr. Travis M. Hendry, MDDr. Travis M. Hendry, MD
Before you start taking an opioid medication, talk to your doctor and pharmacist. Follow these tips:...
What medications interact with opioids?
If you are taking a benzodiazepine, mifepristone, or sodium oxybate, you should not take opioids. I...