What happens if I miss a dose of morphine?

If you forget about a dose of morphine, it's okay to take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's almost time for your next scheduled dose, skip the one you missed. Don't take two doses of morphine sulfate at once to make up for a missed dose. Try to take morphine sulfate at the same time every day to avoid missing doses.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

What should I avoid doing while on opioid medication for chronic pain?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
Take opioid pain medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain sign...
What should I tell my doctor before taking an opioid medication?
Dr. Travis M. Hendry, MDDr. Travis M. Hendry, MD
Before you start taking an opioid medication, talk to your doctor and pharmacist. Follow these tips:...
Who is at risk for breathing problems caused by opioid medication?
Opioid therapy can decrease your breathing, especially during sleep. This problem, called respir...
What are the side effects of opioid medication for short-term pain?
Opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain signals) for s...