If you miss a dose of methadone, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not take extra medication to make up for a missed dose. Overdosing on methadone can be fatal. If you miss more than three days without taking this medication, call your doctor. You may need to start again with a lower dose.
- Q How does methadone treat pain?
- Q Can taking methadone be habit forming?
- Q What is methadone hydrochloride?
- Q What are the side effects of methadone hydrochloride?
- Q Is everyone who's taking methadone a recovering drug addict?
- Q Do I have to increase the dose of methadone in order to help my pain?