If you miss a dose of methadone, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not take extra medication to make up for a missed dose. Overdosing on methadone can be fatal. If you miss more than three days without taking this medication, call your doctor. You may need to start again with a lower dose.
- Q How does methadone interact with other medications or foods?
- Q Is methadone an effective treatment for heroin addiction?
- Q What is methadone?
- Q How can I get methadone treatment for opioid addiction?
- Q What should I avoid while taking methadone?
- Q Is methadone safe for long-term use?