If you miss a dose of methadone, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not take extra medication to make up for a missed dose. Overdosing on methadone can be fatal. If you miss more than three days without taking this medication, call your doctor. You may need to start again with a lower dose.
- Q What is the origin of methadone?
- Q Does methadone oral concentrate interact with other medications?
- Q Why shouldn't I quit methadone "cold turkey"?
- Q How does methadone hydrochloride interact with other medications or food?
- Q How does methadone help treat opioid dependence and withdrawal symptoms?
- Q Can a person overdose with methadone?