How soon after starting Onsolis will my symptoms improve?

The cancer pain medication Onsolis (fentanyl) is meant to be used only when the drugs you take around the clock aren't enough to manage your pain -- but when you take a dose, your pain should be relieved fairly quickly. If Onsolis doesn't adequately control your pain within 30 minutes, your doctor may direct you to use another kind of drug for relief.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

What are the side effects of opioid medication for short-term pain?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
Opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain signals) for s...
How does tramadol treat fibromyalgia?
Tramadol (Conzip, Ultram) is a weak narcotic pain medication. It is sometimes prescribed for people ...
How do you treat constipation and other side effects of taking opioids?
Devi E. Nampiaparampil, MDDevi E. Nampiaparampil, MD
Your doctor may prescribe a stool softener along with an opioid to prevent constipation. Other commo...
Can I use fentanyl if I have a history of asthma?
You may be able to use Actiq (fentanyl) if you have a history of asthma, but you should tell your do...