How should I take Exalgo?

Take Exalgo once a day unless your doctor tells you otherwise. Try to take it at the same time every day. You can take Exalgo with or without food. Swallow the capsule whole. Don't break open, chew, split or dissolve the capsule. The capsule passes through your system intact, so don't be alarmed if you notice it in your stool. If your pain is not well controlled, call your doctor. Never take more Exalgo than has been prescribed. Don't stop taking this drug without talking to your doctor first.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

How often are opioids prescribed in the US?
The Society of Thoracic SurgeonsThe Society of Thoracic Surgeons
The amount of opioid prescriptions in the US peaked in 2012 at more than 255 million and a prescribi...
How should I get rid of unused opioid medication?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
Get rid of unused opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain ...
What are opioid medications?
Opioid medications are strong prescription medications that change the way your brain handles pain s...
Can I use fentanyl if I have a history of asthma?
You may be able to use Actiq (fentanyl) if you have a history of asthma, but you should tell your do...