How is Onsolis used?

The cancer pain medication Onsolis (fentanyl) comes in the form of a small film that you apply to the inside of your cheek. The film will dissolve within 15 to 30 minutes. You shouldn't drink for five minutes after applying it, and you should avoid eating until the film has disintegrated. Don't move the film around with your tongue or fingers.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

How should I get rid of unused opioid medication?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
Get rid of unused opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain ...
What should I tell my doctor before taking an opioid medication?
Dr. Travis M. Hendry, MDDr. Travis M. Hendry, MD
Before you start taking an opioid medication, talk to your doctor and pharmacist. Follow these tips:...
Should opioids be prescribed for all types of pain?
Devi E. Nampiaparampil, MDDevi E. Nampiaparampil, MD
Opioids can be very helpful for acute pain management in the short term, but there are some side eff...
How do you treat constipation and other side effects of taking opioids?
Your doctor may prescribe a stool softener along with an opioid to prevent constipation. Other commo...