How do I use fentanyl buccal soluble film?

Place the fentanyl buccal soluble film on the tip of your finger with the pink side facing up. Wet the inside of your mouth either using your tongue or by drinking water. Place the pink side of the film to your check and hold for 5 seconds. After this time the film should stay in place on its own. Do not chew or swallow the film but allow it to dissolve on its own. It should take about 15 to 30 minutes for the film to dissolve. You can drink liquids after the film has been in for at least five minutes but do not eat food until the film has completely dissolved. Doses should be separated by at least two hours. Your doctor will help you determine what dose (how many buccal soluble films) is right to treat your pain.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

How do you treat constipation and other side effects of taking opioids?
Devi E. Nampiaparampil, MDDevi E. Nampiaparampil, MD
Your doctor may prescribe a stool softener along with an opioid to prevent constipation. Other commo...
What are the symptoms of opioid medication withdrawal?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
Someone who is going through opioid withdrawal will experience a terrible feeling of pain, joint ach...
Who is at risk for breathing problems caused by opioid medication?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
Opioid therapy can decrease your breathing, especially during sleep. This problem, called respir...
How can I prevent opioid medication withdrawal symptoms?
Howard J. Shaffer, PhDHoward J. Shaffer, PhD
Medications for opioid addiction help prevent or ease withdrawal symptoms and reduce cravings. A...