How do I use fentanyl buccal soluble film?

Place the fentanyl buccal soluble film on the tip of your finger with the pink side facing up. Wet the inside of your mouth either using your tongue or by drinking water. Place the pink side of the film to your check and hold for 5 seconds. After this time the film should stay in place on its own. Do not chew or swallow the film but allow it to dissolve on its own. It should take about 15 to 30 minutes for the film to dissolve. You can drink liquids after the film has been in for at least five minutes but do not eat food until the film has completely dissolved. Doses should be separated by at least two hours. Your doctor will help you determine what dose (how many buccal soluble films) is right to treat your pain.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

Can I use fentanyl if I have a history of asthma?
You may be able to use Actiq (fentanyl) if you have a history of asthma, but you should tell your do...
What medication should I avoid if I have a bowel obstruction?
Do not take the painkiller Avinza (morphine) if you have paralytic ileus, a partial or complete bowe...
What should I know before taking opioids?
Before prescribing an opioid for low back pain, your doctor should order a urine test to check for o...
Do prescription opioids cause more deaths than cocaine and heroin?
Howard J. Shaffer, PhDHoward J. Shaffer, PhD
Today, people face stiff penalties for possessing cocaine or heroin, yet data suggest that opioi...