How does Kadian work?

Kadian is one of several brand-name versions of morphine, a medication that relieves moderate to severe pain. Kadian is in a class of medications called opiate (narcotic) analgesics. These drugs change how your body senses pain. Their main benefits are pain relief and sedation (relaxation).

Morphine is typically used to relieve constant pain that's moderate to severe and that persists for more than a few days.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

How will my doctor ensure I don’t become addicted to opioid medication?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
There is no clear way to ensure that you won’t become addicted to opioids if you are taking them for...
What medication should I avoid if I have a bowel obstruction?
Do not take the painkiller Avinza (morphine) if you have paralytic ileus, a partial or complete bowe...
What should I tell my doctor before taking an opioid medication?
Dr. Travis M. Hendry, MDDr. Travis M. Hendry, MD
Before you start taking an opioid medication, talk to your doctor and pharmacist. Follow these tips:...
Can I use fentanyl if I have a history of asthma?
You may be able to use Actiq (fentanyl) if you have a history of asthma, but you should tell your do...