How does Avinza work to relieve pain?

Avinza works to relieve pain because it contains morphine, a narcotic analgesic or painkiller. Avinza alters the way your body and brain sense pain through the central nervous system. The drug binds to opioid receptors in your body to stop the sensation of pain. Avinza's capsules are developed to slowly release medication into your body over 24 hours and provide consistent relief from long-term pain around the clock.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

How will my doctor ensure I don’t become addicted to opioid medication?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
There is no clear way to ensure that you won’t become addicted to opioids if you are taking them for...
What should I know before taking opioids?
Before prescribing an opioid for low back pain, your doctor should order a urine test to check for o...
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
What are the risks of using opioid pain medication?
Devi E. Nampiaparampil, MDDevi E. Nampiaparampil, MD
The main effects and risks of using opioids include nausea and constipation, accidental overdose, an...