How do I take anhydrous morphine?

There are two forms of anhydrous morphine: Opium tincture and Paregoric liquid. Usually, you take 0.6 milliliters (mL.) of opium tincture by mouth four times a day. The usual dose for paregoric liquid is 5 to 10 milliliters (mL.) one to four times per day, but no more than six times in one day. You may mix it with water. If you do, the water will probably turn milky white. Follow your doctor's instructions.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

How can I prevent opioid medication withdrawal symptoms?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
To avoid opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain signa...
Should opioids be prescribed for all types of pain?
Devi E. Nampiaparampil, MDDevi E. Nampiaparampil, MD
Opioids can be very helpful for acute pain management in the short term, but there are some side eff...
What are the side effects of opioid medication for short-term pain?
Opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain signals) for s...
Can I use tramadol if I have a history of diabetes?
Tramadol belongs to a class of drugs called opioid analgesics, which doctors prescribe for the treat...