How do I apply fentanyl buccal soluble film?

To apply fentanyl buccal soluble film, wash your hands and carefully remove the film from the packet according to label instructions. The inside of your mouth should be moist, so rinse with water if necessary. Do not chew or swallow the film. Hold the film on a clean dry finger with the pink side facing up. Press the pink side of the film (not the white side) against your cheek. Hold it in place for five seconds before taking your finger away. The film will dissolve in 15 to 30 minutes. It’s okay to drink liquid after five minutes, but don’t eat food until the film dissolves. Your doctor may give you permission to use more than one film at a time. If so, don’t apply them on top of one another.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

Who is at risk for breathing problems caused by opioid medication?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
Opioid therapy can decrease your breathing, especially during sleep. This problem, called respir...
Can I use tramadol if I have a history of diabetes?
Tramadol belongs to a class of drugs called opioid analgesics, which doctors prescribe for the treat...
What should I tell my doctor before taking an opioid medication?
Dr. Travis M. Hendry, MDDr. Travis M. Hendry, MD
Before you start taking an opioid medication, talk to your doctor and pharmacist. Follow these tips:...
How should I get rid of unused opioid medication?
Get rid of unused opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain ...