How do I apply fentanyl buccal soluble film?

To apply fentanyl buccal soluble film, wash your hands and carefully remove the film from the packet according to label instructions. The inside of your mouth should be moist, so rinse with water if necessary. Do not chew or swallow the film. Hold the film on a clean dry finger with the pink side facing up. Press the pink side of the film (not the white side) against your cheek. Hold it in place for five seconds before taking your finger away. The film will dissolve in 15 to 30 minutes. It’s okay to drink liquid after five minutes, but don’t eat food until the film dissolves. Your doctor may give you permission to use more than one film at a time. If so, don’t apply them on top of one another.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

Should opioids be prescribed for all types of pain?
Devi E. Nampiaparampil, MDDevi E. Nampiaparampil, MD
Opioids can be very helpful for acute pain management in the short term, but there are some side eff...
Why should I lock up my opioid medication and dispose of unused pills?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
It can seem inconvenient to lock up opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way yo...
How can I prevent opioid medication withdrawal symptoms?
To avoid opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain signa...
Do prescription opioids cause more deaths than cocaine and heroin?
Howard J. Shaffer, PhDHoward J. Shaffer, PhD
Today, people face stiff penalties for possessing cocaine or heroin, yet data suggest that opioi...