How soon after taking fentanyl will my symptoms improve?

How soon your symptoms improve after taking fentanyl will vary from person to person and depend on the form you are using. For the lozenge, tablet and ingestible film forms of this drug, your doctor will likely start you on as low a dose as possible that will still result in pain relief for you. Pain relief should usually begin within 30 to 60 minutes. For the skin patch, your doctor also will likely start you on as low a dosage as possible and may gradually increase your dose over time.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

What opioid medications can help treat severe headaches?
Egilius L. Spierings, MDEgilius L. Spierings, MD
If you suffer severe headaches frequently, if not daily, one strategy to consider is a long-acti...
How will my doctor ensure I don’t become addicted to opioid medication?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
There is no clear way to ensure that you won’t become addicted to opioids if you are taking them for...
How does tramadol treat fibromyalgia?
Tramadol (Conzip, Ultram) is a weak narcotic pain medication. It is sometimes prescribed for people ...
What should I tell my doctor before taking an opioid medication?
Dr. Travis M. Hendry, MDDr. Travis M. Hendry, MD
Before you start taking an opioid medication, talk to your doctor and pharmacist. Follow these tips:...