How soon after taking fentanyl will my symptoms improve?

How soon your symptoms improve after taking fentanyl will vary from person to person and depend on the form you are using. For the lozenge, tablet and ingestible film forms of this drug, your doctor will likely start you on as low a dose as possible that will still result in pain relief for you. Pain relief should usually begin within 30 to 60 minutes. For the skin patch, your doctor also will likely start you on as low a dosage as possible and may gradually increase your dose over time.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

Can I use tramadol if I have a history of diabetes?
Tramadol belongs to a class of drugs called opioid analgesics, which doctors prescribe for the treat...
Should opioids be prescribed for all types of pain?
Devi E. Nampiaparampil, MDDevi E. Nampiaparampil, MD
Opioids can be very helpful for acute pain management in the short term, but there are some side eff...
What should I know before taking opioids?
Before prescribing an opioid for low back pain, your doctor should order a urine test to check for o...
What should I tell my doctor before taking an opioid medication?
Dr. Travis M. Hendry, MDDr. Travis M. Hendry, MD
Before you start taking an opioid medication, talk to your doctor and pharmacist. Follow these tips:...