How soon after taking Avinza will my symptoms improve?

It is difficult to predict how soon Avinza will work to relieve pain since the time to improvement of symptoms can be different for each person.

It is important for your doctor to adjust your dose of Avinza carefully to provide an amount of medication that is large enough to relieve your pain as quickly as possible, but small enough to minimize side effects. Your doctor may first prescribe a low dose and slowly increase the amount of medication until your pain is optimally controlled.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

What are opioid medications?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Opioid pain medication is a common type of prescription pain medication. It is also sometimes call...
How can I prevent breathing problems caused by opioid medications?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
Respiratory depression caused by opioid medications can be prevented by doing the following: Tel...
Who is at risk for breathing problems caused by opioid medication?
Opioid therapy can decrease your breathing, especially during sleep. This problem, called respir...
What should I avoid doing when taking opioid drugs for short-term pain?
While taking opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain s...