Is it easy to take an overdose of Opana?

If you are taking the extended-release opana tablet, you can easily overdose if you don't follow the directions carefully. You must swallow the whole tablet at once. If you let it break or dissolve in your mouth, the entire dose will be released into your body at once, instead of over 12 hours. This can make you overdose. If you have problems swallowing the whole tablet, talk with your doctor about options.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

How can I prevent breathing problems caused by opioid medications?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
Respiratory depression caused by opioid medications can be prevented by doing the following: Tel...
Can I use fentanyl if I have a history of asthma?
You may be able to use Actiq (fentanyl) if you have a history of asthma, but you should tell your do...
What are the risks of using opioid pain medication?
Used as directed, opioid pain medication can be safe and effective. However, it can also pose so...
How should I get rid of unused opioid medication?
Get rid of unused opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain ...